
Schizophrenia
This was a word I had to learn very early in life.
Yes, I know how to spell it without cheating...
I could spell it with my eyes closed.
I have had to deal w/ this disease my whole life.
I do not have it myself.
My father was diagnosed w/ this terrible disease at the age of 18.
I always knew Daddy was off.
I knew at like age 3.
He is one of my best friends.
I love my father so much.
I wish he could stop hurting everyday.
The pain of this word pours deep in my soul.
I hate this disease,
I know it is wrong to hate...but in this case it is appropriate.
He deals with the voices...the hate....the disgust...the anger
He is so strong..for not letting it take him under.
Many people who know my father know how strong he indeed is.
I thank God he is my father.
I would never want a normal dad.
I love him despite his short-comings due to the illness.
He might not get to go out to eat w/ me at a resturant.
Some day he will.
My dad walked me down the aisle at my wedding.
That was the proudest moment in my life.
He was so strong to walk with all the fear he had.
I love my dad.
I cannot express this enough.
Schizophrenia might live inside my dad.
But I won't let it eat me inside too.
Be knowledgable.
Know before you speak.
Learn all about something before you judge.
He might be a shut-in....
But he is someone's father and grandfather.
Mine.
and my son's.
Am I scared?
Yes.
Am I hopeful of my father's future?
Indefinately.
Your prayers are grealy appreciated...
James (my dad) will thank you.
So will I.
Sunday, January 21, 2007
Schizophrenia
Carefully created by Heather Stokes at 1/21/2007
Labels: mental illness, schizophrenia
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 ideas or comments:
courage girl
Post a Comment