? ??????????????Love Is Strange? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.4 (43 Ratings)??7152 Grabs Today. 60844 Total Grabs
. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????Punk Collage? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.7 (459 Ratings)??7117 Grabs Today. 118433 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ????4?? BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

The ring....

It all started with a dream. I do not know if I would clarify it as a nightmare. Figuring that it had some extreme significance but no apparent reality, I brushed back far into my memory. Little did I know that my dream would become reality? I guess I have always been one of those to never lose hope. When you think all hope is lost, you must never give up.The dream was quite simple. Losing the diamond to my engagement ring was the vision. It was a re-occurring dream. In my mind, I suppose I thought that this was to warn me of rough times ahead or a loss of marital ties. Little did I know that my worse fears had come true not only in theory, but in due time as for my diamond was gone. I had just looked down one day and I could not believe my eyes. The ring was slightly intact, with a broken setting. The diamond was in fact lost.
My engagement ring was not just a ring. It had such sentimental value as well. It was my mother’s ring when she was married to my father. Being re-married now, it had symbolism to their love when creating me. It gleamed with not only sparkle, but it had a radiance of imagery that rained through my soul. The antique look and the intertwining twists of metal had a luminous quality. The diamond itself was not spectacular, but it meant the world to me. When my husband, Rob purposed to me, it seemed only necessary to wear the remarkable ring. I had reason to call this particular piece of jewelry priceless. The ring was composed of white gold. In my opinion, it is the classiest metal a ring can come in. Others may disagree, but I think that yellow gold looks too conventional and platinum is bringing it over the top. The ring had a vine-like twist that curved into four unique circles. These were all entwined around the center diamond. The diamond was not of astronomic size, a quarter carat. The size did not initially matter. After all, beauty is more than a huge diamond. About five years ago, I had decided that the circles looked too plain. In the two closest to the center cut, I had diamond chips put in place there. This made the ring unique to me. It was different than how my mother had worn it. The ring also had that special uniqueness that nothing could take its place. I think that because of all that the diamond being lost seemed the more dreadful due to that fact.
The day I lost the diamond I was devastated. I thought to myself “there is no way I will ever find it.” I immediately called my husband. With a distinct no fret voice he proclaimed “no worries, we will find it.” I honestly was angry because I just knew we would never find it. A needle in a haystack was my odds. An apartment so big and a diamond that was so small. I had given up all hope. I didn’t even bother to look for it because in my stubborn brain that it was a one and a million shot. My husband kept reassuring me that hope was not lost. I had figured that it was lost forever as my dream predicted.
As I looked dreadfully around my house I felt so overwhelmed. Disappointment was so great because of how much this ring intertwined the symbol of our promise to one another. Our marriage was already rocky. We did not need another significant loss to rock the boat. When this happened I thought that this was it. This was the point of no return. I know this was silly because it was in fact just a piece of jewelry. I figured that the dreams were trying to tell me something. It was a diamond in the rough…literally.
The rest of the day after the loss I was at a loss. Tears were at the brim of my eyes, but I didn’t want to let them show. I kept the hurt at a distance as I glared at the empty ring. The same ring that I had admired for so long looked so dreary. I thought that I would never see the gleam that the ring possessed ever again. I tried to carry on with my day, but I couldn’t seem to forget my misfortune.
Misfortunes seem to happen to people everyday. People loose their keys, their minds some days. Yet, to loose a piece of jewelry is always devastating. It hurts to look down at the empty spot where the ring once laid. There was a lonely spot on my hand where the intermittent light shined. It filled my soul to know that there was a tangible part of the love that once radiated in their hearts that was placed on my finger. I guess the significance of what the ring meant to my parents at one time than what it meant to me. Never the less, mistakes happen and to let go was my only option.
I had continued trying to put this adversity aside. Yet, in the back of my mind, my disappointment rained through. Running through my mind was the terror and overall fear that I would never see it again. Just when I thought I would never see the diamond again, it appeared. I was lying on my bed. I looked down, randomly, and there it was. On my red cotton sheets the diamond blazed in the dim light that shown in my room. It was late, probably close if not after midnight. The end of what seemed like a continuous evening. My precious gem was found! To my demise, all hope was not lost, but found.
All of my fears went out the window. I guess the pettiness of how I thought a dream could lead my life was pretty thoughtless. After this all, I still put my dreams into perspective. I look at how they may shape my life at times. On the other hand, I do not let my own insecurities overlap what is really important. I guess what I have realized from this whole experience is that when you really think something is impossible, you are not giving it enough credit. All hope is not lost even when it seems like it is impracticable. This diamond being found has filled my very soul.

0 ideas or comments: