Irony is a funny thing. The more I had tried to please, the more I realized I needed to please myself. So as an adult, I realized that this was my life. It was my destiny and only I can change my way of thinking. This course has re-assured my realization that only I can make my life better. If I live life at the waist-side, I will never move forward. This individual had brought me down so far...I had to literally break myself in every possible way to build myself back up. It's a miracle that I turned my life around. They now see me in a new light. I tell them how well I am doing and how responsible I have become. It is a reality I think they never saw possible. Never the less, it is my potential that I could not see for years that was inhibited by these negative thoughts. It is hard to overcome another bringing you down. The most wonderful thing about life is that you can only get better, but only if you allow yourself to do so. I have made goals and accomplished them. With or without that specific person's approval. Only I can succeed. It is not their view that determines my future. I think my stand that I took has shown them how strong I actually am. This warms my heart because now I know I can accomplish anything I put my mind to. I could have stayed in that rut my whole life. I know though, that I was a somebody and that that person or any person that stood in my way could not take away from me. Self worth is hard to come by sometimes. I am glad that I had enough confidence in myself to overcome that kind of adversity. Life is tough enough without someone telling you are worthless. You can only be as much worth as you can allow yourself to become. Smile and relax sometimes and you can go farther than you could ever imagine.
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 ideas or comments:
Post a Comment